Wednesday 28 March 2012

An Ode to Life


What a wonderful world we live in,
From lakes of fire to the strawberry fields
From carnivals of rust to the valleys of Kashmir,
It’s an anthology of bittersweet symphonies

I was born one night with smiles and high hopes,
Soon I started seeing sandman nightmares and hearing dark echoes
My brain was hanging upside down, and I had become fray,
I wanted to break free from the agony, and have things my way

Growing old, I had a yen to be a rider on the storm,
Blowing in the wind and cruising like a rolling stone
All I imagined was being forever young in a love generation,
Where I can give peace a chance with sweet disposition

I said to the bitter November rains and the grim summer winds,
Don't stop me now on this boulevard of broken dreams
For it’s a long and winding road that i have to stride,
And I don wanna miss a thing in this hell of a ride

Alas, I am a mere working class hero in this society,
Still walking on, like an idiot, a lost John in New York City
Californication is a surrogate name for my generation,
Full of humans with only expectations and no satisfaction

Among us and them, we know they don't care about us,
Other than greed for money, simply nothing else matters
Certainly, the times, they are a-changing,
No brotherhood, no humanity but a whole lot of loathing

World Hold On, for I got no more time to pretend,
I am stuck in a moment; this illusory purple haze needs to end
I just wish to return to yesterday's innocence,
And live forever, comfortably numb in an intoxicating incense

I am earnestly waiting on the world to change,
Makes me wonder, when will the good life begin
I wanna have the time of my life before knockin' on Heaven's door,
I want it all, I want it now and I want more.

One day, this big holiday (life) will cease to exist,
That'll be the day when the heydays will be reminisced
I can only dream on to mount the stairway to heaven,
Yet I need to let it be since Death is only a mere fiction.

VIVA LA VIDA folks!!!


Courtesy: Louis Armstrong, Nirvana, The Beatles, Poets of the Fall, Led Zeppelin, The Verve, Pink Floyd, Metallica, The Ramones, The Fray, Queen, Frank Sinatra, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Bob Sinclar, John Lennon, Guns N’ Roses, Green Day, Aerosmith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson, MGMT, U2, Jimi Hendrix, Enigma, John Mayer, Maroon 5, The Nowhere Boys, Kanye West, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, The Temper Trap, Matisyahu

No comments:

Post a Comment